1. EXPLORE YOUR CUSTOM HOME IDEAS
When you are ready to discuss your vision, dreams, and desires of building a custom home, call us to schedule a personal meeting. Our owner, Drew Gasser, is one of the most experienced custom home builders in Baton Rouge, LA. His reputation brings a level of excellence and dedication to every custom home that exceeds expectation. Drew will come to your home to get acquainted with you and explore your custom home needs or renovation project. During this visit, he will discuss the location of your build, why your current home no longer fits, and how your new custom home can grow with your family’s needs. This time is dedicated to you and exploring your vision, wishes, dreams, and ideas of a custom home.
Typically, there are two distinct scenarios that we encounter in our first meeting with new clients
SCENARIO 1: “WE HAVE PLANS”
Our meeting will focus on discussing specific needs, location of lot, finishes, materials, and costs. To put together a fixed cost agreement, we’ll begin agreeing on details such as:
- Exterior Finishes: Do you prefer brick, stone, stucco?
- Foundation-Type: Will we be building your home on top of crawlspace, or slab?
- Interior Finishes: We’ll want to determine a comprehensive list of interior selections including cabinet-types, floor-coverings, lighting, and plumbing fixtures, window and door designs, fireplaces, and trim packages.
- Homebuilding Extras: Will you be expanding on your home’s footprint with the addition of an outdoor living space, outdoor kitchen, pool, or pool house?
SCENARIO 2: “I DON’T HAVE PLANS.”
Don’t worry, most of our customers come to us with a general idea of what they want, but most look to us to help them choose and refine a design that fits their needs. We can suggest a reputable architect and recommend an interior designer, as a team approach, to best deliver your custom dream home. When this is the case, expect your homebuilder to ask some of the following questions:
- Can we recommend an architect and interior designer?
- What size home do you need? How much livable square-footage?
- How many baths, bedrooms?
- Can we find an existing plan that fits your needs?
- What home layouts fit your style and plans?
- What’s your budget?
- Do you need purpose-specific rooms?